https://i0.wp.com/www.spiceitupinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/quiche-spiceitup.jpg?fit=640%2C480&ssl=1 480 640 Ginger https://www.spiceitupinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Logo-spiceitup.gif Ginger2018-09-07 21:46:272018-09-07 21:59:59Bavarian Quiche
This recipe is from one of our awesome customers – Lydia P. Allen from Pewee Valley, KY
My husband and I visited Black Mountain while staying at the Biltmore Estate a few weeks ago. We love the area! And of course we visited Spice It Up, I had ordered from you online previously, love your products, especially the Pizza Spice! I use it in all sorts of ways. It was fun coming into the store.
The quiche is crustless, made with eggs, Fage fat free Greek yogurt and only 1/2 cup grated colby jack cheese. I then add a meat, veggies and my spices. It was delicious and a weight watcher treat. We like it better than regular quiche and in the one pictured, I used the Bavarian Spice.
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack Cheese grated
- 2 6 oz. containers of FAGE Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 large green onion chopped
- 8 slices Boar’s Head Canadian Bacon chopped
- 1 cup Bella Mushrooms chopped
- 2 teaspoons Spice It Up! Bavarian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- In Mixing Bowl, beat eggs, then add yogurt, and mix well.
- Add spices, veggies, meat and cheese one at a time and blend.
- I use a polish pottery quiche dish. Spray quiche dish or pie plate with a little olive oil cooking spray. Use a napkin or paper towel to coat the sides and spread evenly. It even browns a little on the edges, so it gives the appearance of a crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 60 minutes. Ovens vary, so first time I would check it at 50 minutes. Quiche is done when a knife inserted comes out clean.